UMIT – Research Information Technology
We support the UResearch mission through technology solutions across the research spectrum from administrative to clinical research applications, including data informatics & analytics, vendor solutions reviews and implementation, research system interfaces, research mission initiatives and compliance.
- Administrative – Research IT provides enterprise systems and tools for research administration, investigators and research teams designed to facilitate government, reporting and regulatory compliance processes. InfoEd proposal development, SPIN funding opportunities, GENIUS, SMARTs, Topaz Web Animal Ordering and others.
- Clinical Trials – Maintenance, support and training for Velos eResearch Clinical Trials Management System.
- Clinical Data Access and Informatic – Access to Clinical Data for research via tools such as URIDE.
- Compliance Systems – Research IT maintains and supports a variety of systems for regulatory compliance and training. eProst (IRB7), Researcher Disclosure Profile System (DPS), UM Conflict of Interest (COI coming soon), Clinical Trials.gov compliance.
- Collaboration – Advice and best practices for research collaboration. Box, Faculty Research Profiles and Research Publications.
- Research Data Management – Research IT provides solutions to build case report forms, data surveys and industry standard data instruments via Velos CTMS and REDCap.
- Online Survey Solutions – Research IT and UMIT provide support and tools such as REDCap and Qualtrics for your survey needs.
- Data Registries – Research IT provides data to/from research registries and maintains several custom registries such as the Genomics Medicine Registry.